In-house marketing is a situation where marketing activities regarding a company will be taken care of by employees working within the company. The team will be using the company’s resources to run the marketing affairs of the company and will report directly to the business owner.
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of having an in-house marketing team for your business:
- They have a deeper knowledge of the company and its products: An in-house marketing team is more familiar with the company’s products, philosophies as well as culture. They will know the strategies that are more effective for the company and will direct all their efforts towards it.
- An in-house team knows too well that the success of their company means that they will keep earning their daily living and as a result, they will be fully dedicated to ensuring the continuity of the business.
- Stronger bond: the management will be able to have a stronger relationship with the team which will make it easier for them to work together. It will be easier to discuss issues that will lead to the growth of the company in a relaxed environment and this will bring a positive impact on your business.
- Faster communication: Having the marketing team within the business will ensure faster communications as it will be possible to give updates in regards to marketing every day. This will enable the management to work on any concerns that may arise regarding the company’s products as soon as the issue is raised.
- Too much routine: the marketing team will only concentrate on one area and this may create boredom. However, there are routines that will bring positive results especially the ones that will build the confidence of the employees. If the routines are negative, they will make the employees less creative and this may lead to the stagnation of the company’s growth.
- Shortage of resources: Hiring an expert for every marketing strategy that will require expertise is a cost that most companies find too high. As a result, they will end up allocating the responsibilities to people who have little knowledge in the field and the job may not be done as perfectly as they would have wanted.
- Shortage of experience: The employees who have been employed to work in an agency may not have the experience that a marketing agency would offer since they only deal with one company. If you had tasked the marketing responsibility to an agency, their experience as a result of working with different companies will be an advantage to your company as well.
If you are working with an in-house team and they fail to deliver, you will incur a lot of expenditure when looking for another team to replace them. It may also take a lot of time to get a great team which will be a huge drawback to your company’s marketing strategy. If you were working with an agency and they failed to deliver as agreed, it will be easier to fire them and look for another company without incurring any extra costs. For more information click here.